Paul Belcher; Managing Director of CM New Zealand Limited, was appointed as Engineer to the Contract for this construction project which was a 5 storey, 27 unit building with an underground carpark located in Auckland.
Paul’s Role included the following:
- Work with client to negotiate the contract with the successful tender.
- Attend monthly Progress Control Group (PCG) meetings.
- Process the main contractor’s monthly payment claims and issue payment schedules accordingly in accordance with the Construction Contracts Act (CCA), this also included an allowance for off-site material inspections as well as calculation of any retentions.
- General correspondence during the month including to review and process variation claims and make recommendations for payment in conjunction with the payment schedules.
- To review cost submissions and/or claims for extension of time and make recommendations for award.
- Issue Practical Completion Certificate once all conditions within the contract have been met and the design consultants have undertaken the defect inspection.
- To review, negotiate and process the contractor’s final account following practical completion.
The main contractor was engaged to complete the concrete and steel structure including the underground carpark with the client completing their own fitout.