CM have a strong team of Quantity Surveyors who have great attention to detail and a wealth of experience within the construction industry.
Quantity surveyors are the construction cost professionals who measure and estimate the cost of resources for construction projects. The New Zealand Institute of Quantity Surveyors (NZIQS) is the professional membership association for quantity surveyors in New Zealand.
The CM team has a range of members with NZIQS including Registered QS.
CM has the leading RIB’s iTWO costX® estimating software. It is the technology of choice for a variety of construction professionals worldwide. The iTWO costX® range is in use among businesses of all sizes across the globe, including quantity surveying firms, contractors, developers, owners and subcontractors, who are benefitting from more efficient digital takeoff and pricing.
- Concept plans – CM can provide an elemental estimate in accordance with the NZIQS elemental analysis of costs of Building projects guideline
- Risk Management
- Value engineering
- Detailed design – CM can provide a number of different estimate options:
- Detailed trade estimate
- Detailed estimate as per The Australian and New Zealand Standard Method of Measurement (ANZSMM 2022)
- Schedule of quantities
- Prepare tender documentation and trade summary schedules
- Analyse tender summary and supporting documentation, Compile any tender clarifications to contractor. Present a report with recommendations.
- Attend site meetings with the consultant team
- Process the main contractor’s monthly payment claims and issue payment schedules accordingly in accordance with the Construction Contracts Act. (CCA)
- During the month review and issue recommendations for any variations, provisional sums that need adjusting or any other matters that pertain to costs
- Attend site and issue final payment certificate for release of retentions.