CM New Zealand Limited was appointed quantity surveyor on this relocatable project. It was a difficult project as the building to be relocated was 12m x 12m and had to be cut into two parts then craned into the site. There were considerable services and heritage aspects that required a special pile system to be installed. You can learn more about what our role looked like at different stages of the project below.
- Provide an elemental estimate in accordance with the NZIQS elemental analysis of costs of Building projects guideline.
- The estimate was a desktop estimate based on the available documentation. This estimate would include all consultant costs and provide an overall budget.
- Negotiated the contract with the main contractor.
- Analyse tender summary and supporting documentation.
- Compile any tender clarifications to contractor.
- Present a report with recommendations to MoE.
- Attend fortnightly site meetings.
- Process the main contractor’s monthly payment claims and issue payment schedules accordingly in accordance with the Construction Contracts Act (CCA).
- During the month review, issue contract instructions for any variations, provisional sums that need adjusting or any other matters that pertain to costs.
- Review any drawing updates issued by the designer.
Attend site and issue final payment certificate for release of retentions.